WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT OWNER SURRENDERS AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CONTACT THE WINDSOR-ESSEX HUMANE SOCIETY.
Fill out the form linked in purple text below and we will be in contact with you. Please read this entire webpage before filling out the form.
If at any point you should need to reach our team we can be contacted via email or Facebook.
Please keep in mind we are an all volunteer rescue, and we will respond as quickly as we can, your patience is greatly appreciated.
This form is not a contract and filling out this form does not obligate you in any way to surrender your pet.
One of our volunteers will let you know how we can help you.
Please note that there is a $60 surrender fee for dogs (if there is more than one animal, you will be charged individually for each).
Completion of this form DOES NOT GUARANTEE that we will be able to take your Animal.
As a volunteer foster-based rescue, the decision to accept your Animal into our program must be based on foster availability and suitability.
We fully realize that the decision to surrender your pet is a difficult one. Please know that we are here to help. You have made this decision in the best interest of your pet and we will strive to make the process as easy as we can for both of you. Rest assured that we will do our best to work quickly to find your pet his/her new fur-ever home.
By completing this form:
- I hereby certify that I am the rightful owner/keeper/caretaker/custodian of the animal(s) who is/are the subject of this Animal Surrender Form, hereinafter referred to as “the Animal.” I hereby surrender any and all rights to the Animal.
- I certify that no other person has a right of property to the Animal. I understand that, by surrendering my rights to the Animal, the Animal may be transferred into the custody of Second Chance Animal Rescue Windsor-Essex (SCAR).
- I understand that, once I relinquish the Animal, the Animal will not be available to be returned to me.
- I further understand and agree that any and all further contact regarding the Animal shall be directed through SCAR ONLY.
- I certify that I have read and understand the terms of this agreement and agree to adhere to them. I also understand that, if the Animal is transferred to the custody of Second Chance Animal Rescue Windsor-Essex, that a surrender fee is required to be paid to the SCAR Representative who completes the contract with me.
Be sure to complete all questions marked with an asterisk *, if mandatory fields are not completed your application will not go through!
Please note that we require a complete medical history for this animal before they can enter into our rescue program. If you do not have immediate access to these records, please contact your veterinarian to provide permission for these records to be released to Second Chance Animal Rescue Windsor-Essex.
DOG SURRENDER FORM
If you have to email photos and available vet records, please send to email@example.com prior to or immediately following submitting this form with subject line “Surrender Form – Animal’s Name”.