Pet Applicant Agreement
Completing this application does not put the applicant or the rescue group under any obligation. There is no guarantee that the applicant will receive an animal. All information is kept strictly confidential.
The application MUST be completed in full with detailed answers (we will not accept one-word responses unless the response requested is a preset answer).
Please contact your veterinarian to give them permission to speak with us upon completion of this application.
For the safety of our dogs, if you do have a yard, we require it to be securely fenced. No dog will be tied out on a cable, rope, chain, or runner. Underground electric fencing is unacceptable. A loose rescue dog is a GONE dog so they cannot be off-leash in an unfenced area.
- I hereby give permission to Second Chance Animal Rescue to contact my veterinarian to verify any and all animals I have had or currently have.
- I understand that a home visit is required for completion of my application.
- I certify that all information submitted will be true and correct.
- I understand and agree that the care, feeding, training and well-being of an animal is an ADULT RESPONSIBILITY.
- I understand that I may not be able to adopt the pet I have chosen if this animal would not be a good match due to lifestyle or housing concerns.
- I hereby certify that neither I nor my household members have never been the subject of legal action for cruelty to or neglect of animals nor have owned an animal that has been confiscated by any animal control or humane organization for violations of animal control regulations and/or animal adoption agreements
- The application remains the property of Second Chance Animal Rescue.
- Second Chance Animal Rescue reserves the right to refuse adoption to anyone.
Qualified applicants are subject to home screening. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Note: applications may take up to 72 hours to receive a response. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you apply:
A volunteer will contact you to follow up on your application (if completed in full). We receive many applications for our animals and have only a few volunteers to process them, so it can sometimes take a while. Please be patient.
We take all steps necessary to ensure our rescue animals are perfectly matched to their new families. This can often take some time but is always certainly worth it. We appreciate your patience and support. Thank you for your interest in adopting a rescue animal!